Monday, September 21, 2009

'The last train home....'

I've been a fan of the Lostprophets since I first heard them on the start something album in 2004. But I have never seen them live.

Here's the scenario...I was browsing the Big Day Out acts cds in the old HMV mid-city centre, and saw lostprophets album in there, heard a couple of songs, remember their song being in the advert for an old TV show called Charmed...and thought about seeing them...then thought nah...I can see them another time. Fast forward to 2009 and I'm still regretting that decision not to see them (also regretted not seeing the thursday/poison the well side show....but that's another story).

And in October this year, I will finally get to see them live...just after they release a new single and before they release their long awaited follow up to Liberation Transmission.

When I looked up their website recently, I was bombarded with the most amazing artwork:


It's a bit hard to see there, but a bigger version is at the Lostprophets website. I think one of the reasons why I love this is because I love crows...I literally love that species of bird...I don't know why. I think it might be because they are graceful when they fly, or that they have a supernatural aura around them. I could also be completely wrong, as they could be eagles...

Either way, I've loved the artwork for the lostprophets albums (with the exception of Fakesoundofprogress)...and I can't wait to see what they come up with...from what I've read, Ian Watkins (their lead singer) does a lot of the artwork himself.

And that's another reason to keep buying albums!

Hooray for CD/Vinyl sleeves!

No comments: