Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tea, Geometry and Music

The weekend that just passed I had dubbed culture weekend. Well, Saturday anyway. This was due to a couple of things - first, I went to a vinyl toy signing (my first!); second, I went to an exhibition by one of my favourite street artists.
1. The vinyl signing

This was for the launch of Matt 'Lunartik' Jones' new toy - tea in a cup.

Lunartik JOnes - Forbidden Planet signing by Derek Bremner.
(image courtesy of Derek Bremmer's Flickr)
 
I love this toy because it combines two things I love - Tea and vinyl toys. Matt, was incredibly nice and sweet. I'll post photos up of my Tea's when I get the chance.
 
2. Exhibition
I went to the Elms Lesters Painting Rooms near St Giles Church on Saturday to have a look at an exhibition by a couple of graffiti/street artists - Dalek and Delta. 
 
I've been a huge fan of Delta (aka Boris Tellegen) ever since I saw his work in the CD booklet and DVD extra for Linkin Park's Meteroa album. He does these amazing geometric patterns and grids that Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda describes as satelites.
 
It kinda reminds me of Mondrian's work with its grids, patterns and blocks of colour. Also reminds me of computer/arcade machines...funnily enough, he did create the outer casing for one.
 
and the music part of this? Well yesterday was Muse Night on BBC radio 1 and they played the Teignmouth homecoming shows on BBC red button last night. So I've been listening and watching Muse for the last couple of days. Happy Birthday to me!

No comments: